In Between Jobs

There are so many of us without employment these days.  Is that an understatement?  Maybe I should say there are TOO many of us without employment.  I was laid off in 2008 from a job I'd been at for over six years.  I didn't like it there so much at first but it grew on me and what I really loved about it was being busy.  I was lucky enough to get a contract position soon after.  That only lasted a couple weeks but I made enough of an impression to be asked back a few months later, which turned into a long-term contract that ended after two years.  The permanent position that was supposed to come after that... didn't.  Another contract position followed, which has ended.  I guess you could say that ended at the right time because my psoriasis was flaring up (I had, no have, a very flaky face, neck and chest).

So right now, I find myself again in between jobs (real ones).  Most of my day is spent trailing the job sites, clicking Apply Now buttons and sending my resume.  Although right now, for me, I'd rather work from home while I'm dealing with the flare up, and in that respect, I'm lucky to be a transcriptionist.  However, finding the work is not that easy because the competition is fierce right now.  Sure, it seems like trancriptionists are a dime a dozen nowadays but trust me when I say we are not all equal.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Test Yourself